The Weekly Update Club
For my Legacy Project, I created and ran an after school club where students could discuss current events as well as learn how to contact elected representatives, report the news themselves, hear guest speakers, and take a field trip to a local newspaper.
· Student driven agenda (to help students engage with the subject matter).
· Fun activities and workshops (drawing political cartoons, filming news reports)
· Weekly Morning Announcement (students have the opportunity to report the week's headlines during the morning announcements)
· Engaging parents and students (through weekly email updates).
· “Year in Review” Project (a media montage of news covered during “Weekly Update”, reported by students).